Licensed Acupuncturist/Massage Therapist Job Summary:
As a Licensed Acupuncturists/Massage Therapist with Function Massage and Acupuncture, your ultimate goal is to provide effective, outcome-driven healing therapy designed specifically for each client’s individual goals. You will be expected to utilize your school-trained skills and continuing education to provide the highest caliber service that achieves the realistic expectations set by the client.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to safely offer functional, outcome-driven massage and acupuncture
- Educate each client on treatment options and provide professional recommendations
- Follow all appropriate and trained best practices as offered in 500+ school hours and continued training
- Maintain professional conduct and communication with clients and Function team members
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional conduct at all times
- Complete detailed and professional SOAP notes on every appointment on the day of service before leaving
- Effectively and actively communicate progress and treatment plans with clients and build solid professional relationships that have the potential to encourage referrals (our best form of marketing).
- Educate new clients on the procedures of acupuncture and theoretical foundation to build an informed client base who understand the value of acupuncture and can speak to it.
- Only perform sessions where client has signed health history and informed consent on file
- Manage all client questions and concerns with professionalism and courtesy
- Demonstrate effective communication with Management regarding any staff/client instances that require attention
- Act as a member of the Function Team; this includes being responsible for daily studio upkeep such as restocking treatment rooms and common areas, laundry, folding sheets and taking out trash, as well as additional responsibilities as needed
- Develop a steady client base through rebooking
- Generate new strategic connections
- Arrive 20 minutes before scheduled shift to ensure ready availability to begin appointments on time and with knowledge of each client’s schedule for the day
- Massage and acupuncture experience
- Must carry or arrange professional liability insurance prior to work commencement
- Must be eligible to obtain a license in St. Louis Park, MN or from the MN Board of Medical Practice (acupuncture) and must have copy of license specific to individual location’s city or state laws prior to work commencement
- Accredited education in massage
- Ability to attend events and on-site opportunities
- Understanding of active movement/kinesiology/athletics
- Must be available a minimum of four shifts per week (approx. 24 hours)
- Must be able to work your online displayed schedule within the booking system at all times
- Must have reliable transportation 7 days a week
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Limited to 35 hours of in-service massage therapy per week
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 35 pounds
Schedule & Compensation:
- Manage your schedule Mon-Sat; must be available a minimum of four shifts per week (approx. 24 hours)
- Competitive compensation based on number of sessions performed and events attended
- Bonus opportunities for generating new clients and building customer loyalty
About Function Massage and Acupuncture:
We are a multi-location acupuncture and massage practice. Our business currently operates a full studio in St. Louis Park, a satellite location in Target Headquarters downtown, and a satellite location within a gym in Minnetonka. We also have several new corporate relationships in the works. Our business purpose is to help people live happy, functional lives.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.